- Past Events and Trainings
- 2017 NH Fiddle Ensemble Concerts
- Resilient Communities: The Prevention Connection
- 2017 Kappa Delta Dinner & Auction
- 2017 Unsung Hero Awards
- NH Fiddle Ensemble at Exeter
- NH Fiddle Ensemble at Concord
- Part Natural, Part Learned
- 2016 Kappa Delta Dinner & Auction
- Unsung Hero Awards 2016: Local parents awarded for strength
- Parent Advocacy Day teaches parents to speak up
- NH Fiddle Ensemble for Child Abuse Prevention 2015
- Science of Relationships: The Prevention Connection
- 2015 Kappa Delta Dinner & Auction
- Unsung Hero Awards 2015
- Parental Depression: Impact on Families and Children
- Kappa Delta Dinner and Auction 2014
- 'How I Learned to Drive' Talkback
- Unsung Hero Awards 2014
- Snow Much Fun Softball Tournament 2014
- NH Infant Safe Sleep Symposium
- FSNH National Network of Family Strengthening Networks Summit
- Nurturing Healthy Sexual Development - a workshop for home visitors and family support professionals.
- Seeing is Believing: Training in Videotaping Strategies to Improve Parenting
- Substance Abuse During Pregnancy and Beyond Conference 2013
- Strengthening Families Summit 2013
- Unsung Hero Awards 2013
Nurturing Healthy Sexual Development - a workshop for home visitors and family support professionals.
Thursday, September 19, 2013
LACONIA, NH - This FREE 2-hour professional development workshop for those working with young children and families was based on a workshop developed by Prevent Child Abuse Vermont and presented by Lori Fowler of Prevention Makes Cents. Thank you to the The Family Resource Center of Central NH for hosting the training.
- How to identify normal sexual development of young children
- How to respond to young children’s sexual interactions
- How to respond to young children’s questions about sexuality
- How to identify and report suspected child abuse
- How prevalent child sexual abuse is in NH, and the nation
- How education about healthy sexuality helps prevent sexual abuse
- How you can promote safety within your setting
- Knowledge of parenting and child development
- Social and emotional competence of children
- Lori's presentation slides
- Recognizing healthy and unhealthy sexual development in children
- Do children sexually abuse other children?
- Promoting healthy sexual development and sexuality
- How to talk to your preschooler about private parts
Lori Fowler, Director, brings over 30 years experience working with children, parents and families. Lori has been named the state-wide director of International Center for Assault Prevention's (ICAP) NH Regional Training Center and has been working since 1991 to bring personal safety education to preschool and elementary school children and their families.
Lori Fowler is a certified facilitator in Parenting Journey, Active Parenting, Zero to Three Curriculum and the Nurturing Parenting Programs.
Brought to you by: