- Community Education
- Find a Program Near You
- Home Visiting
- Family Resource Centers
- My Voice Matters
- Period of PURPLE Crying
- Strengthening Families
Family Resource Centers of Quality
This page is a resource to family support and strengthening programs seeking Family Resource Center of Quality (FRC-Q) designation. The Wellness and Primary Prevention Council of the NH legislature is charged with overseeing the designation process.
Chapter 126-M is the legislation that established the Wellness and Primary Prevention Council. It was amended in 2015 to expand the Council's role to include designation of FRC-Qs with SB161, which was enacted into law in August 2015.
The document "Family Resource Centers - Vehicles For Change" explains the need to establish a process to designate Family Resource Centers of Quality:
"In recent years many initiatives, funding sources and programs have used the term 'family resource center' to describe what they do. The broad use of this term has at times created confusion on the part of program staff, administrators, funders, community members and consumers of service. The purpose of this document is to define the key characteristics and activities of quality family resource centers, describe how they function as a vehicle for change for families and communities, and help policymakers and funders 'make the case' for the family resource center approach to providing family support services."
- Overview of the designation process
- NH Family Resource Center of Quality application overview and instructions
- NH Family Resource Center of Quality application coversheet updated 8/11/2017
- NH Family Resource Center of Quality Operational Standards
- NH Family Resource Center of Quality Operational Standards self-assessment
- Document List
- Sample Document List
- National Family Support Network Standards of Quality for Family Strengthening and Support Associated Tools:
- Standards of Quality for Family Strengthening and Support Program Self Assessment
- Self-assessment that can be typed into available here.
- Standards of Quality for Family Strengthening and Support Participant Surveys