- Community Education
- Family Support and Strengthening
- My Voice Matters
- Period of PURPLE Crying
- Strengthening Families
Concrete Supports in Times of Need
Meeting basic economic needs like food, shelter, clothing and health care is essential for families to thrive. When families encounter a crisis such as domestic violence, mental illness or substance abuse, adequate services and supports must be available to provide stability, treatment and support for family members to get through the crisis.
- Never be afraid to ask for help (Family Resource Centers).
- Listen to the needs of the family.
- Problem solve with families and share or provide resources (Family Resource Centers).
- Follow up. This is very important to the future relationship with the family.