- Community Education
- Family Support and Strengthening
- My Voice Matters
- Period of PURPLE Crying
- Strengthening Families
Parenting can be stressful, but a parent’s ability to bounce back from tough situations and use constructive coping methods can improve a child’s outcomes. Resilience when parenting is the ability to properly manage all challenges that a family faces. It means creatively solving problems, building trusting relationships, maintaining a positive attitude, and seeking help when it is needed.
- Recognize your strengths.
- Identify areas you might need help in.
- Know that family resource centers are there for all families – not just those in crisis.
- Let parents tell you where their strengths and needs are.
- Focus on their strengths and point out things they are doing well.
- Encourage parents to get involved – offer some opportunities to volunteer.
- Make sure families feel welcome.