- Community Education
- Family Support and Strengthening
- My Voice Matters
- Period of PURPLE Crying
- Strengthening Families
Friends, family, neighbors and community members provide emotional support, help solve problems, offer parenting advice and give concrete assistance to parents. Networks of support are essential for parents and also provide opportunities for people to “give back,” an important part of self- esteem and a benefit for the community. Isolated families may need extra help in reaching out to build positive relationships, but family resource centers are great places for everyone to make social connections.
- Think about your existing social circles. Do you go to church or belong to a club?
- Be active in your child's activities – talk to other parents at sports games or join the PTA.
- Get involved in a program at a family resource center near you!
- Sponsor a special event – family fun night. A movie night let kids come in pjs.
- Introduce parents to one another – note which children are playing together.
- Provide space for parents to meet, such as a coffee chat after drop-off.