Unsung Hero Awards
Do you know a parent who deserves recognition for their endless hard work and dedication? Nominate them for our Unsung Hero Awards.
For the past 10 years, New Hampshire Children's Trust has honored parents at The New Hampshire State House in partnership with the Governor's office. Why were they honored? The honorees incorporate the 5 Protective Factors into their daily lives to help be stronger mothers, fathers, grandparents, caregivers and friends. The 5 Protective Factors are:
- Parental Resilience: I can overcome hard times and bounce back.
- Social Connections: I have people who know and support me.
- Knowledge of Parenting and Child Development: I know where to go to find out about parenting skills and my child’s developmental growth.
- Concrete Support in Times of Need: I know where to turn to for help.
- Social and Emotional Competence of Children: I know how to help my children talk about their feelings.
Parenting can be really hard. Please take a moment to nominate a parent or caretaker that has made an effort by using some of the above strategies and Protective Factors to improve family life.
How to nominate a parent:
- Download a nomination form
- Mail to Julie Day at 10 Ferry Street, Suite 315, Concord, NH 03301
- Or, write a letter or email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating
- 1.) What qualities you admire about this person.
- 2.) What makes this person a role model?
Sponsor the Unsung Hero Awards:
- Send an email to us today, click here.
See past award winners' stories: